Mother’s week started on Monday. I got a beautiful paper bouquet of flowers from Sylvia after Mother’s Morning Out. She looked at them on the fridge all week and then turned to me: “Mommy, I make for you! I love you Mommy.”
On Thursday, Melanie’s preschool had “Muffins for Mom,” and I got muffins and an awesome handprint craft from Melanie. She also made me a surprise book that she hid in the house for today. Whenever we find it, it sure will be a surprise.
Yesterday, I ran some errands, and I came back to homemade Mother’s day cards from the girls. Sylvia “wrote” lots of sweet things for me. Too bad they are in scribbles and I can’t read them because she wouldn’t let Daddy help her. “I write for Mommy.” I got flowers from Jeremy, and I haven’t had to clean any dishes this weekend. I also got a painted pot of flowers, a carnation, and a note from Melanie after church this week. I am very thankful for all the teachers and people that took time to help my girls make this Mother’s Day special for me.
I had a great Mother’s Day. The only part missing was spending time with my Mom and my Mother-in-law. I loved the above paper so much, I thought I would answer it for each of them!
- I love you because you are my friend
- You help me cook really yummy food
- You are the best at cooking even yummier food
- My favorite thing to do with you is walk our circle
- You are happy when you see your boys all together playing video games
- It makes me happy when you stand in the corner of a room and smile
- You make the best prosciutto goat cheese crustini
- To My Mom – I wouldn’t be a fraction of the Mom I am without you!
- I love you because you are quiet
- You help me calm down and fix my problems
- You are the best at loving me despite me
- My favorite thing to do with you is sitting on the beach
- You are happy when you are knitting
- It makes me happy when you run your fingers through my hair
- You make the best fried chicken, ka’chuncks, & cacciatore